What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your PC, phone or other web enabled device when you visit the PasalX website. They are not harmful and do not contain any confidential information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details. Cookies are an essential part of how our site works. Some of these cookies are required by our site to enable you to transact whilst other cookies enable us to give you an enhanced, personalized web experience. By using our site, you also consent to the use of these cookies.
Cookies Are Used On Our Site For The Following Reasons:
- To allow you to securely sign in to your PasalX Account, so that you can use “My Account” features such as order information, making payments and viewing statements.
- To store the content of your online shopping bag whilst you browse the site and to complete an order.
- To record the areas of the website that you have visited, products you have viewed and time spent browsing, as well as the products you purchased. PasalX uses this information to help make the website more user friendly, develop our site design and to continuously improve the quality of the service we provide.
- To distribute visitors to our site evenly across platforms to ensure the content is served at the fastest possible speed.
Are Cookies Safe?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous. They do not contain any information which could personally identify you and your account security is never compromised. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu. For a video about cookies visit www.google.com /goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies
Can I Turn Off Cookies?
PasalX are committed to complying with the Data Protection Act 1998 and have published this guide to help you understand how and why PasalX collect information from you, to whom such information is disclosed and what your rights are. You can access our Website home page and browse our site without disclosing your personal data. However, when you register with PasalX you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself.
What Information Do We Collect And How Do We Obtain It?
We receive information in one of two ways either directly from you when you register with us or from a third party such as credit reference agencies (for example to assess your credit rating).
If you register with us you will be asked to provide certain information such as your name, address, details of your credit card (only if you are paying by credit card), telephone number and email address so that we can process and fulfil your order, notify you of your order status and inform you of special offers and promotions.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information that we collect about you to:
- Process your orders
Assess your application and to verify your identity
- Manage your account – see also “Use of credit reference agency information”.
- Administer this website.
- Monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop and improve the design and layout of the site.
- Notify you about enhancement to our services, such as changes to the website, new services and special offers that may be of interest.
If you have any questions relating to this policy or the use by PasalX of personal data please email [email protected]